Guest bathroom

Myangela

I built the door with working transom, too. The wainscoting and the planking inserts on the door were fashioned using a new product I found from a model railroad supply website.

• Like 4

From the album:

Charleston Single House and Garden

· 120 images
  • 120 images
  • 0 comments
  • 534 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

As usual, absolutely stunning work.  I truley enjoy watching the progress on your house.  Love your handmade sink and vanity.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1
On October 7, 2016 at 6:47:58 AM, Mimajo said:

Looks amazing as usual.  What product did you use for the door and wainscoting?

Thank you, Mimajo!  I found that product on a website that my husband I use for his model railroad supplies, hobbylinc.com.  I purchase a lot of my basswood from them.  This product is basswood, listed as siding.  It's 1/16th thick, three inches wide, and looks like paneled siding or flooring.  Slat width ranges - 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4.  I got a package of the 1/4 to try it out.  Stains beautifully, takes paint equally well.  The package of ten pieces, 3" x 24", is fairly reasonably priced, especially when it covers a lot of area.  I'm going to use it for a lot of the flooring on the second floor, including the balcony.

On October 7, 2016 at 11:18:04 AM, Dreamer14 said:

As usual, absolutely stunning work.  I truley enjoy watching the progress on your house.  Love your handmade sink and vanity.  Thank you for sharing.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Myangela said:

Thank you, Mimajo!  I found that product on a website that my husband I use for his model railroad supplies, hobbylinc.com.  I purchase a lot of my basswood from them.  This product is basswood, listed as siding.  It's 1/16th thick, three inches wide, and looks like paneled siding or flooring.  Slat width ranges - 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4.  I got a package of the 1/4 to try it out.  Stains beautifully, takes paint equally well.  The package of ten pieces, 3" x 24", is fairly reasonably priced, especially when it covers a lot of area.  I'm going to use it for a lot of the flooring on the second floor, including the balcony.

Thank you.  I would love to be a fly on the wall and learn from you.  Your work is so beautiful.

• Like 1