© brae oktober

The Scarecrow - detail

otterine

Here is Lowell all decked out for Halloween in a new scarecrow costume.  I used patterns adapted from The New Dolls' House DIY Book by Venus and Martin Dodge.  They have a section on pipe cleaner dolls, though I went with a mash of various techniques.

Sewing the tiny pants and tiny shirt wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I am glad I went with a tattered costume so I wouldn't have to do hems.  Frayed edges look right at home on a scarecrow.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 2

From the album:

Happy Halloween!

· 35 images
  • 35 images
  • 1 comment
  • 95 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

He is so cute! I used to make all my own clothes, but for some reason, I absolutely hated making miniature clothes. You did a great job on both of your little people!

Very cute dolls, especially love the theme (butterfly & scarecrow). 

I made one pipe cleaner doll and the pipe cleaner comes up through the top of the head (bead) and is held on with the hair. Did you just glue your head to the pipe cleaner instead of threading it through? I also like that your heads are more in proportion with the body. My prototype (Eve) still does not have shoes, poor thing. 

Thank you!  :D

The necks are made from a twist of two pipecleaners, so I cut them level with the top of the head (wood bead).  The head fits snugly over the pipe cleaner stem but isn't glue so there is some range of motion to turn the head.  The hair is glued in place on the head.