© Debora O'Dells Collection

Staircase ceiling second floor

Debora59

Finally getting back to work on the Manor House Castle. Picked up more wood this week. Cut and painted the ceiling, fitted the beams, the channeled beam goes in the back and center, to hide the chandelier cord, both are ready to be installed. This is a dry fit. Next the crown molding is fitted and notched to accept the beams, then the entire room box is glued together. 

Copyright

© Debora O'Dells Collection
  • Like 2

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SM-N910V
  • Focal Length 4.8 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/10
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 400

Recommended Comments

In addition, the stonework on the exterior wall is purposely left unfinished until the crown molding is in. I noticed my handrail needs to be darker. Pictures really help one see what needs tweaking. And the door jams are the last to be completed as this is where the rooms attach.

I've always loved interior stonework, in real houses as well, looks so magestic and beautiful. That handrail is gorgeous, I couldn't imagine a better choice to go with the windows and doors, you have excellent taste in picking components! I'm looking forward to seeing these rooms with the crown moulding on, keep up the amazing work :) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Emerald said:

Oh Debora, it is fabulous.  Are you going with the dormer roof?

Thank you both, the glue is drying on the crown molding as we speak and Linda, yes and no on the dormer question, I still feel like I might build tow roof styles, I will finish the dormer one first, if I am not happy I will go on with another design.

7 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

I've always loved interior stonework, in real houses as well, looks so magestic and beautiful. That handrail is gorgeous, I couldn't imagine a better choice to go with the windows and doors, you have excellent taste in picking components! I'm looking forward to seeing these rooms with the crown moulding on, keep up the amazing work :) 

It really is looking beautiful. You must be amazed every time you look at this house and see just how much work you have put into it. It really is a work of art!

• Like 1

Thank you! I really do enjoy it on a daily basis, and have been happy with the results so far!

1 hour ago, kathi17 said:

It really is looking beautiful. You must be amazed every time you look at this house and see just how much work you have put into it. It really is a work of art!

• Like 1