IMG_0311DHFrontStep3.jpg

Creamcheese

Somehow my new rescued Pitbulls demanded that they appear in this photo.  I'm naming them Meatball and Stubby and they already made friends with some of the other dogs that already live here!   This photo shows the new bricks and mortar work I did to finish up the front steps.   It matches with what I had done some time ago with the brickwork in the area in front of the door.   I also added a mailbox with a newspaper entitled Small World Times.   Couldn't have thought up a better name than that!

• Like 1

From the album:

Susan's Garfield Victorian Dollhouse

· 370 images
  • 370 images
  • 0 comments
  • 462 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s Plus
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/4
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 100

Recommended Comments

I ordered several bags of individual used bricks.  The bags include 325 tiny bricks in each bag and the bricks are made of casting plaster so they are very easy to cut if you need to cut them to fit your application.   It's quite simple to use them and they look so realistic.   Most of the bricks are in the basket weave pattern which I found on the web to figure out how I was going to lay my tiny bricks.   You just have to draw lines on your surface and I used an emory board as a spacer but smaller applications like my front porch and steps I was able to skip this step.   In my kitchen however it was important to have lines drawn so you wouldn't end up with wavy or crooked lines. If you scroll through my photos you will find my Garfield kitchen floor.  I learned that the hard way when I did my Spring Fling sunroom and didn't draw lines first and had to redo part of the flooring.   It made me dizzy looking at the wavy lines!

The bricks are available at any of the online miniature stores.   I also got my mortar mix too which is easy to use as well.   I hope this helps!