From the album:

Fairfield Furniture & Accessories

· 6 images
  • 6 images
  • 0 comments
  • 30 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Love it! Ambitious in Miniature but that's what makes it great! I think you'll be able to find or make a good approximation of all of this in miniature... 1:24 is going to be your challenge.

I'll start you off

Here's a couple of Ginger Jars :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Blue-and-White-Porcelain-Tray-and-2-Jars-w-Lids-1-24-/222342031846?hash=item33c49e29e6:g:lusAAOSwEzxYTEpD

http://www.atriflesmall.co.uk/124th-scale-dolls-house-accessories/124th-scale-living-room-accessories/124th-scale-blue-and-white-urn-872

I've been searching for blue and white Ginger Jars in 1:12 for my dollhouse for ages. I found some but when they turned up they were more like 1:6 :cry: I can probably get a way with one as a large floor version... When I find some more I'll be able to realise my fantasy of a Hamptons style dollhouse... (have to find the right dollhouse for that as well.. but we can dream.)

If you see any on your travels let me know. 

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Love it! Ambitious in Miniature but that's what makes it great! I think you'll be able to find or make a good approximation of all of this in miniature... 1:24 is going to be your challenge.

I'll start you off

Here's a couple of Ginger Jars :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Blue-and-White-Porcelain-Tray-and-2-Jars-w-Lids-1-24-/222342031846?hash=item33c49e29e6:g:lusAAOSwEzxYTEpD

http://www.atriflesmall.co.uk/124th-scale-dolls-house-accessories/124th-scale-living-room-accessories/124th-scale-blue-and-white-urn-872

I've been searching for blue and white Ginger Jars in 1:12 for my dollhouse for ages. I found some but when they turned up they were more like 1:6 :cry: I can probably get a way with one as a large floor version... When I find some more I'll be able to realise my fantasy of a Hamptons style dollhouse... (have to find the right dollhouse for that as well.. but we can dream.)

If you see any on your travels let me know. 

Thanks Samantha! That's really lovely of you to share the links. I've got my eye on that atriflesmail vase and I'm going to place a big order on 1:24 scale accessories with them to save on postage when i get my head around all my other rooms. I bought a set of 1:12 scale vases on ebay the other day with the hope that 1 can be small enough to use as a floor vase or even the base of a table lamp. It's hard to know isn't as people's ideas of scale differ greatly. I'm going to do two large display shelves surrounding the fire place so any blue/navy "nick nacks" you see on your travels I would love to hear about. Those little ginger jars and tray are a must have ;-p

Oh yes! Very ambitious. ;-p I'm basically procrastinating until my building supplies arrive. I think after that i'll run out of steam. ha!  I'm going to make the lounge chair, tripod lamp, ottomans, cane occasional chair and have a go at the wire basket. I'm going to buy the plants as kits or even ready made as they look very fiddly to put together. The art work i'll print. 

If you know of where to purchase scaled fabric I would love to know. I'll put a post on the main forum as well ;-p I'm going to have a look see at spotlight tomorrow so she if there are any small scale patterns. I don't like my chances! ;-p

Thanks again!

When you are at Spotlight look for Flat Fats.. they are little metric squares of remnant cotton fabric that often come in small patterns. I have quite the collection of these... you are probably going to have to rummage though... lol

Also look at the plain fabrics such as linen (expensive!) and weaves... these offer texture but because there is no pattern, are much more forgiving in a scale situation. 

For cushion fabric look at larger patterns that you can strategically cut to make a smaller pattern. My Ikat cushion and it's partner were cut from larger patterns.

I'm not going to lie, you will struggle to find stuff.. I struggle at 1:12, I can't imagine 1:24! You might find your best bet is to custom print you own fabrics on your home printer.

1. Buy some Freezer paper when you are at Spotlight (they sell it by the metre)

2. Buy some plain white fabric with a relatively tight weave.

3. Iron the freezer paper to your fabric.

4. Cut to A4 size. 

5. Search free printies online & select pattern you like.

6. Cut and Paste to word and resize as appropriate to 1:24

7. Feed married paper & fabric into printer

8. Print

The benefits of this are that you have an unlimited supply of patterns at your disposal and you can resize them as appropriate. :D

Be aware that coarser fabrics wont print as well.. but I doubt you'd be using those in 1:24 anyway.

Also, look into some sort of fixative to treat the fabric before printing on it to prevent fading, running, smudging etc... Just google it. 

Good luck!

Always good to have some points of reference and nice to see you're pitching in the present day.

10 hours ago, Samusa said:

When you are at Spotlight look for Flat Fats.. they are little metric squares of remnant cotton fabric that often come in small patterns. I have quite the collection of these... you are probably going to have to rummage though... lol

Also look at the plain fabrics such as linen (expensive!) and weaves... these offer texture but because there is no pattern, are much more forgiving in a scale situation. 

For cushion fabric look at larger patterns that you can strategically cut to make a smaller pattern. My Ikat cushion and it's partner were cut from larger patterns.

I'm not going to lie, you will struggle to find stuff.. I struggle at 1:12, I can't imagine 1:24! You might find your best bet is to custom print you own fabrics on your home printer.

1. Buy some Freezer paper when you are at Spotlight (they sell it by the metre)

2. Buy some plain white fabric with a relatively tight weave.

3. Iron the freezer paper to your fabric.

4. Cut to A4 size. 

5. Search free printies online & select pattern you like.

6. Cut and Paste to word and resize as appropriate to 1:24

7. Feed married paper & fabric into printer

8. Print

The benefits of this are that you have an unlimited supply of patterns at your disposal and you can resize them as appropriate. :D

Be aware that coarser fabrics wont print as well.. but I doubt you'd be using those in 1:24 anyway.

Also, look into some sort of fixative to treat the fabric before printing on it to prevent fading, running, smudging etc... Just google it. 

Good luck!

Thanks Samantha! Printing on your own fabric! I never considered that! Well - It's off to spot light I go! I've got my fingers cross but also don't really like my chances ; - p

6 hours ago, Amber Celeste said:

Really nice selection, I love the mix of modern and tradtional elements!

6 hours ago, MikeUK said:

Always good to have some points of reference and nice to see you're pitching in the present day.

Thanks Amber & Mike - the 1:24 is difficult to find things so I definitely need some visual reference : - )