© brae oktober

Display window

otterine

The display window showcases some of the dearly loved pets of the shop owner. Sherwood (dog) is by micksculptures724, Isabeau (cat) is by Maya Schippl, and Grover (owl) is by tmd_art.  The Mackintosh chair features some of the first miniature needlework I stitched.  I refinished the wood as well.  I did research this chair to see if it would be good for a 1915 setting.  Having been created in 1898-1899, it was already a bit dated.

The Grover's stand was made using a candle stand kit by The House of Miniatures, with the height lowered just a bit.  The window lights were made from Chrysolite kits (one from my stash, and one from Debora).  I altered them from chain lights to post pendants with aluminum tubing.  I also used 3mm LED bulbs from Evan Designs for longevity.

The window unit and its base are removable for ease in changing the display.  It would have been cumbersome to reach through the back of the building and set the display in reverse from behind.  The window unit's trim disguises the fact that it's a separate assembly.  Right now, I have the trim held on with mini hold wax so it remains removable as well.  I need to get some stickier putty so it stays put better.  The whole window assembly is built so I can remove the window plastic to replace it or just swap it out.  I've also run one extra wire under the lower base just in case I ever want to add other lights to the window...or even create a Christmas display.  I used silver sticker letters and flourishes on the front pane. There's a curtain separating the window from the main store interior.  It is removable for cleaning or replacement as needed.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Ye Olde Taxidermist - Creatin' Contest 2016

· 71 images
  • 71 images
  • 0 comments
  • 276 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments