© brae oktober

Ye Olde Taxidermist

otterine

Keep your dearly departed in your life during their afterlife.  That is the heartfelt mission of Ye Olde Taxidermist, though the shop also caters to naturalists by preserving fine animal and bird specimens for posterity.  Ye Olde Taxidermist makes house, or farm, calls in a stylish Model T Van. The shop even has a telephone, if you are so inclined.

There are numerous animals on display.  Most are artisan pieces I've collected over the years.  I made tiny dioramas for them, though the animals are not glued in place.  No animals were harmed in the making of this build.  In fact, they all had great fun seeing who could stay still the longest.  

I have a full recap post on the build here.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Ye Olde Taxidermist - Creatin' Contest 2016

· 71 images
  • 71 images
  • 0 comments
  • 276 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

It was well worth standing in the cold all night! KathieB fell asleep just after midnight so I borrowed her coat!

3 hours ago, MikeUK said:

It was well worth standing in the cold all night! KathieB fell asleep just after midnight so I borrowed her coat!

I drank the rest of her cider.. :beer:

THIS! This build...the most weird, wonderful thing in a long time! Taxidermist, Brae?! Well, I didn't see that coming at all. Wonderful, wonderful creativity! I looked at your blog last night to get all of the juicy details, and the whole thing, top to bottom is just wonderful!! LOVE all of the animals, the truck turned out just perfect, the tree...that TREE! Love the details on the interior, especially that ceiling treatment and the light fixtures. The display window is fabulous! All of the critters mounted on driftwood are wonderful, all of it...just fabulous!!! You have the gift of just nailing all of the little details that make it just so! Congratulations on another wonderful build, and good luck in the contest!!