pollock's floor.jpg

stickyfingers

I spent the morning playing Pollock. The floor has been spattered and stained. At one point, standing on a step stool flinging paint over my kitchen counter...fun! Looking at pictures of the actual Pollock floor, I may need to do more, but it's a start.  

• Like 1

From the album:

Jackson Pollock's art studio

· 23 images
  • 23 images
  • 0 comments
  • 29 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Thanks! I did a lot more spattering and flinging after I took this pic, and it's much closer to the real deal now. Happy! I (finally) got to glue the whole structure together, too. After it's dry, it'll need some patching and sanding at the tabs, then I'll add the foundation. So far, this has been a really fun build.

wow! I'm really enjoying this build!  so nice to see an original take on someone so famous! who would of thought to do this?  fantastic!

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Pollock was such a violent, tender, creative soul. I'm drawn to his fragility and to his energy. The idea that such amazing work came from such a humble, chaotic place is just magnetic. This build is for a dear friend, who has encouraged, unflinchingly, my mini work from the beginning. One of the few people in my small circle that "gets it" and I owe him a lot for helping me unlock these doors.