© brae oktober

First sail - detail

otterine

Continuing work on the windmill sails.  I've done some research on windmills and a fair bit of virtual sightseeing, but I am by no means an expert.  I am also not planning a precise model, though there are some remarkable works out there.  After seeing a real life example, I decided to change my design to match.

This might have been a bit of overkill for a model, but I also used nails in addition to the glue.  I don't need these suckers popping apart later on down the line, and since they will be motorized it's likely worth the extra time and effort.

I am going to leave the final finishing as far as stain goes until after I have all the parts fabricated just in case something breaks along the line and needs to be redone.

One sail down, three more to go.  Full post here.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Watson Mill

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 0 comments
  • 369 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

It appears to be a perfect sail.  I understand about things coming apart...no fun.  Will go check on things on your site.

You are a very patient women, all those pieces needing to fit perfectly, and they do. but I knew that because of your amazing rug work!