Faux stone tiles

SewMini

One night I got creative and decided to try my hand at making some faux stone. I can't remember where I saw the idea for this but it was on the internet. I had some art paper laying around the house so I cut a base piece and then glued shredded up pieces of art paper to the base piece and then cut it up into rectangular tiles. I mixed them up so the lines didn't match up and then lined them up. It's a really simple project and i'm happy with how my test turned out so I plan on using it throughout the first floor of the house.

• Like 2

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6 Plus
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/15
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 125

Recommended Comments

Really nice, the texture looks very natural! I had seen something like this I think on froggy's youtube perhaps, kept the idea on my mind if I ever need to make stone out of papper. Looks really interesting after painted :)

You know, maybe that's where I saw it. I LOVE her channel and have done a couple of her projects. The things she does with computer paper and cereal boxes is amazing!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, SewMini said:

You know, maybe that's where I saw it. I LOVE her channel and have done a couple of her projects. The things she does with computer paper and cereal boxes is amazing!

I'm a big fan of her channel as well :) The woman is amazing, such creativity with low budget materials! She made a forest out of fabric recently that turned into a pillow... my jaw dropped, I'm constantly awed by her imagination and talent at recycling everyday stuff.