© brae oktober

Blanket chest

otterine

The fine folks at Minimum World Dolls House Furniture Ltd contacted me about doing a feature on their unfinished furnishings and sent me a bare wood blanket chest free to try.

I painted the chest a base color of Heritage Brick mixed with Staining Medium, both by Americana.  I found wonderful art on The Graphics Fairy to add to the chest and used a tiny bit of Antiquing Medium to age the crevices and give some depth to the piece.

Now I have a delightful country blanket chest for books and other treasures.  The Putitto cat is from eBay, and after I saw Keli's house of cats I could not resist.  :]

I am very pleased with the end result and would definitely recommend giving their unfinished furniture a try.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

The Haunted Heritage

· 854 images
  • 854 images
  • 0 comments
  • 2,838 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

What a beautiful job, and what a sweet blanket chest!  I love trunks and blanket chests anyway, but this one is truly special.  (Also love the stretching cat, and the tin man is adorable.)  :clap:

:clap:Bravo. What a great idea to use art & antiquing medium to create the illusion of antique painted furniture. The graphics are exquisite. It looks just like an old German blanket box, which I assume is the look you were going for. :D