MerrimackCredenza.jpg

Debsrand56

Not sure I’m entirely happy with the credenza, but I had to show off the martinis my brother got for me at the Smallworld miniature show in Phoenix last weekend.  (Yes, I enlist my friends and family to feed my habit.)  It was very kind of him to go and be my eyes.  Unfortunately, although he got there 15 minutes after the show opened, one of the vendors told him that someone had come through when it opened and said, “Give me all your half scale,” and bought it without even caring what it was.  Fortunately, the vendors (there were two half scale vendors there) had kept a little back, so my brother didn’t entirely waste his time.  Sheesh!  I’m sure it was a re-seller adding to inventory, but half scale is so difficult to find, some of us depend on the shows to add to our stash.  Anyway, among the things he was able to pick up are these darling martinis, complete with olives and swizzle sticks no thicker than a hair!  The beautiful blue bowl/vase also came from the miniature show.

• Like 1

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I love the credenza, very classic design. And you did a great job on the doors, looks fantastic to me! Those martinis are so awsome and charming, I can even see the little olives inside, wow! And the little shaker is the perfect companion for the drinks set :) 

Oh dear, what an odd situation I had no idea half scale was in such high demand, or hard to find. The only thing I've had some trouble finding in this scale is chairs... even had some discussions with artisans at the shows about it, probably because it's one of the most dificult pieces of furniture to make... or so it seams. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wormwoodz said:

Oh dear, what an odd situation I had no idea half scale was in such high demand, or hard to find.

In this country, it seems it's harder to find.  I have ordered from the UK several times because I couldn't find what I wanted here.  There is much more quarter scale here than half scale, which seems odd.  

4 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

In this country, it seems it's harder to find.  I have ordered from the UK several times because I couldn't find what I wanted here.  There is much more quarter scale here than half scale, which seems odd.  

Out of curiosity I just went and check what I had gotten from the US, you have some nice stuff too, Chrysbon, Hudson River, Falcon Miniatures, Farrow Industries... thou I admit I probably don't know that many. 

I have been collecting minis from all over Europe, specially decor items (not furniture) are not very hard to find. A lot of artisans are also super nice and will accept to make 1:24 versions of their minis. Furniture is a bit harder too, there's some variety on lasercut kits same as there I suppose, but I have the feeling Asia probably has more variety in this scale... but not easy to find them :/

1 hour ago, wormwoodz said:

Out of curiosity I just went and check what I had gotten from the US, you have some nice stuff too, Chrysbon, Hudson River, Falcon Miniatures, Farrow Industries... thou I admit I probably don't know that many. 

I'm not saying we don't have anything.  There definitely is half scale out there, and there are a few good vendors with quite a few offerings.  (I'm not sure that Chrysnbon makes half scale any more, though.)  The options for half scale are just much more limited than for 1;12 or even 1:48, and they never seem to have what I want.  :) 

1 hour ago, wormwoodz said:

A lot of artisans are also super nice and will accept to make 1:24 versions of their minis.

Now that I haven't tried.  I see so much out there where I think, "I wish that was available in half scale."  Maybe it's worth asking.

• Like 1

The credenza looks perfect to me! I don't know why you're not happy with it. And the accessories are awesome!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Cathy C said:

I don't know why you're not happy with it.

The door on the left looks too wide to me.  I wanted it a little wider than the door on the right, but not quite that much difference.  Thank you, though.  And, yes, I am very happy with the accessories.  :) 

I think your credenza is fantastic. The legs are perfect and the colour is spot on. The detail on the doors is amazing. What did you use to make them?

Those martini glasses are fabulous. What a lovely brother you have. :D

And yes it seems shows can be pretty cutthroat... I only arrived at my local, 15 minutes after opening and already vendors were sold out of some things. :doh:

Wow this looks so great! I swear there was a credenza exactly like this on the Brady Bunch and I always liked it (I also watched a lot of Brady Bunch episodes lol)

How disappointing that someone wiped out all the minis at the show! I feel like there should be a purchase limit at shows. We have the same problem at comic cons. Someone will have a good booth and a reseller will come wipe them out. That or someone will come with boxes of comics for an artist to sign so they can resell it. It sucks up all the artist's time and makes true fans have to wait forever. Sometimes they miss the artist all together because they are only there for so long. It's a very annoying problem. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Samusa said:

The detail on the doors is amazing. What did you use to make them?

Thank you! I used strips of N-scale "lumber" I got at a hobby store.  They are glued to card stock.  They cut easily with scissors, so I cut the strips a little longer than I needed, glued them on letting them overhang the edges, then trimmed off the overhang when they were dry.  Hope that makes sense.

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

I only arrived at my local, 15 minutes after opening and already vendors were sold out of some things. 

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

We have the same problem at comic cons. Someone will have a good booth and a reseller will come wipe them out. That or someone will come with boxes of comics for an artist to sign so they can resell it. It sucks up all the artist's time and makes true fans have to wait forever. Sometimes they miss the artist all together because they are only there for so long. It's a very annoying problem. 

Wow, who knew?  I didn't have this problem at the two mini shows I've been to, but maybe I was just lucky or maybe I didn't realize what I was missing.  :-)  This has definitely been a learning experience--get there early!  That's terrible about the comic cons. They should have special signing sessions for dealers, or limit the number of copies any one person can get signed.