fairfield-detail-2.jpg

wormwoodz

Trying to get in as many details as possible in one shot, now you can see the underside portion of the porch as well as the other roofs.

I've tried to keep a certain consistency on the design elements for visual balance. I've used the same style of "wood boards" on the porch ceilling and the gables, same for the details of the tower, the fretwork on the porch matches the gable end trims, the swirly patterns on the brackets echo eachother and help to bring all of these components together.

And now I can finally say the building process is over! Or at least all the main components are in, I will need to retouch the paint on some spots but I doubt I'll be adding anything extra to the main build. It is pretty heavy as it is :bigwink:

From the album:

~ Fairfield ~

· 58 images
  • 58 images
  • 0 comments
  • 222 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/50
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 32

Recommended Comments

Such a beautiful job!  This is truly one of the nicest Fairfields I've ever seen.  The detail is amazing.  (And no kidding they're heavy; you wouldn't think it, based on their size.)  The question is now, what will you do next?  :photo: Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Thank you all! This community has a been a great help, it's very inspiring to be around so many talented and creative people :blush: 

I'm going to miss working on this house for a while, but hopefully won't be the last!

5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

The question is now, what will you do next?  :photo: Looking forward to it!

I have some minis in the works and many 1:36 army units in serious need of repaint, that should keep me busy for a while lol. Meanwhile I will start planning the next build: it's another Greenleaf kit... and it's already in my workroom! :bigwink: 

ff_porch.jpg.598b6dcd37d63f1c2c5377e994d

This is a magnificent house. This is the first time I've really veiwed this gallery. I should have poured some tea. Excellent written descriptions of every room. Just breathtaking!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sable said:

This is a magnificent house. This is the first time I've really veiwed this gallery. I should have poured some tea. Excellent written descriptions of every room. Just breathtaking!

Thank you!! :shy: I've tried to take shots from every side of the house and put them in a logical sequence, hoping to make it easier to have a 'visual' idea of how the house looks from all angles. I've found those kind of shots were usually the most helpful when I was checking other people's builds, helps to 'fill in the gaps'.

Well you've certainly 'filled in the gaps'......This is your first house and clearly you have an amazing talent......what you do on your second and in 1/12th will be just something else!