Kitchen cabinets

SewMini

I worked all weekend on these cabinets and the stove. It's all made from matboard. The stove was so fiddly because I used aluminum sheeting which wasn't the easiest to work with. I used a photo of a Viking range as my reference. The windows aren't totally perfect but they will do. I may make this again to try to get it right but for now I'm just going to leave it be and not let my perfectionism get the best of me. I still have to do the range top but that shouldn't be too difficult.

I've also decided to change my plans for a marble counter top and go with a butcher block top made from skinny sticks. The room just needs a bit of warmth and that will add what I need since the cabinets are getting painted grey. After I took this photo, I fixed the one corner that was a bit wonky...because I'm crazy lol.

• Like 1

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Excellent job!!!   These look really good.  The Viking stove is particularly cool.  I love the knobs.  Butcher block is a good choice for the counters.  With marble, the whole kitchen would have been gray.  You could have brightened it up with accents, but the wood really will help warm it.  P.S.  I still think the floor is brilliant!