Full view of the kitchen cabinets

SewMini

I realize that the cabinets are a few different sizes but I'm just going with it. I was most concerned about getting the sink and the stove centered. After that I just equally fit in the cabinets where I could and tried to make them all look the same. I think they turned out well. I'm going to cover the sink with fimo clay. That's built as an insert so that I could do that and glue it in when it's done. (though I just realized I need to make it not go all the way to the back because it needs a spot for a faucet!)

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

In real life, cabinets can be different sizes, too.  Which one is the sink?  The one sort of in the middle, that looks like it could be a farmhouse sink when finished?

That's the one! It's centered under the window because I want my homeowner to have a nice view while doing dishes :) It should be pretty easy to add the Fimo in. I'll probably add a coat or two of white nailpolish over it so it looks like enamel.

HI...if you are speaking of the heights of each of the cabinets and appliances, you could use 1/16x1/4 strips as shims.  You wouldn't see them under the cabinet tops.  I think everything looks so real.  It is a comment made a lot, but it really does...

18 minutes ago, Emerald said:

HI...if you are speaking of the heights of each of the cabinets and appliances, you could use 1/16x1/4 strips as shims.  

It's more that the doors are a couple different sizes. Like, the ones to the left of the range are really big and then there are the really skinny ones to the left of the sink and a third size to the right. It doesn't look bad. They're just a bit all over the place lol. I did actually shim up the range because it was actually too low when I first put it in. Some skinny sticks fixed that right up.

Thank you all for the compliments! I'm definitely going for as real as possible. It's great to know I'm achieving that!