Merrimack Bedspread.jpg

Debsrand56

Finished the bedspread.  I of course needed a George and Martha Washington spread!  I found the main pattern for the spread on a blog post by Emily (fov).  My bedspread is a combination of the Sara Pittman coverlet from June Grigg’s pamphlet, “More Charted Designs for Miniatures,” and the Floral bedspread from  Needlework Designs for Miniature Projects: 64 Charts for Counted Cross by Eileen Folk.  It is worked on 36-count Evenweave.  It didn’t take nearly as long as a rug (1 ½ months vs. 4 months), but I thought I would go blind working white-on-white!  Ripping out the occasional mistake was especially painful. 

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I was going to make a smarty pants comment like "I think my parents had that bedspread :rofl:"

Then I realised you made this... speechless... Now that is talent. Take a bow :clap:

Oh and it looks great on the retro style bed. :D

6 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I was going to make a smarty pants comment like "I think my parents had that bedspread :rofl:"

Then I realised you made this... speechless... Now that is talent. Take a bow :clap:

Oh and it looks great on the retro style bed. :D

Well, my parents and grandparents had that bedspread.  :p   For obvious reasons, I associate it very strongly with mid-century decor.  

And thank you!  :)

1 hour ago, fov said:

Very nice! I like how you altered the sides.

Thank you, Emily.  The sides are what came from the floral bedspread.  I liked the scallops.  But I liked the top pattern from the Sara Pittman, so I just smooshed the two together.

This is AWESOME! 

I really want one of these for the bed in my "Grandma's Cottage" wall display house, but there is no way on this earth that I am EVER gonna make one myself!  LOL   Lovely work! :clap:

• Like 1