Close up of the ceiling in the Palau de la Musica, Barcelona, Spain

SewMini

All of the windows in the kitchen are custom so that's what I've been working on this weekend. I was trying to think of what to do with these skinny windows I put on either side of the chimney. I thought a stained glass window would look cool. I tried free handing them and it looked terrible. I can draw straight, plumb lines all day long but drawing something creative? Yeahhhhh, not so much. So trip photography to the rescue! In yet another homage to Spain, I used a portion of a photo that DH took of the stained glass ceiling in the Palau de la Musica in Barcelona to make my stained glass design (perhaps this house wants to be Spanish lol).

I laid some tissue paper over the photo while it was displaying on my phone and it acted like a light box. I traced the lead lines onto the tissue paper. Then I laid down the tissue paper on some white matboard and laid acetate over that. Thanks to having a nail art obsessed daughter in the house, I have approximately 80000 bottles of nail polish so I used a black nail art pen to draw out the lead lines and then filled in the spaces with nail color. I had originally tried to use markers but didn't like the streaks. The lead lines aren't perfect if you get super close but from a bit back they work great!

• Like 3

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

You did an excellent job recreating the design, and very ingenuitive  to boot! I like how you recreate all your travel destinations.

At first when I saw the thumbnail of this picture of the ceiling I thought "WOW, that's some stained glass window for her house!"

Maybe for your next project?