Debora59

I don't like photos of myself but my husband has been bugging me take a phot with me standing beside the manor house castle for scale. Again I cant wait to start on the tower additions! Excuse the floor I forgot I had glue on my wash cloth when I wiped up the trimmings quickly.

• Like 7

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Wow, it's a monster! Oh, the house obviously, not you - you look lovely! Does the size make it easier to work on, given the rooms are larger? I guess you also need to get a bit more detail in too though, for realism.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, AndreaJane said:

That is amazing!  I need to show this picture to my husband when he starts in on how big my 1:12 house is.

Right? 

Your manor is truly something to behold! So much work but it is just gorgeous. All the gold stars for you!

• Like 1

Wow! It's huge!... I've just realised that archway/doorway is about half your size! :eek:

And you look lovely of course... Great photo!

Thanks everyone!, I thought it would be fun to post a photo like this, I always post that's its a 1/6 scale manor house castle, but sometimes that's hard to visualize, now you get it!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Wow, it's a monster! Oh, the house obviously, not you - you look lovely! Does the size make it easier to work on, given the rooms are larger? I guess you also need to get a bit more detail in too though, for realism.

Yes and no , sometimes I thinks its easier but there is also a lot more of it!

21 hours ago, AndreaJane said:

That is amazing!  I need to show this picture to my husband when he starts in on how big my 1:12 house is.

Maybe you should refrain from showing your husband this picture so the plan doesn't backfire, you don't want him to say ''OMG this is what your hobby might turn into! ''

Tell them Debora, 1:6 scale (Fashion doll size) has it really difficulties.  We pretty much have to make everything.  I love THIS PHOTO.  I have been thinking another one and I am not near done with the 2nd floor Condo.  

• Like 2

LOL, Thanks Mike, just for accuracy, I am above average height for a woman in the USA, 5ft 7in, Its just that the house dwarfs me in the photo, it is over 8 ft high now. And I am standing at the far end.

16 hours ago, MikeUK said:

She is a doll!..........All 2ft 9 1/2inches..........what do they say about great things always coming in small packages!...........but that is one huge house though!

Nice picture!

Wow this house is so huge!!! I imagine you have a way of moving it, as in if you have to take it to a dollhouse show.... probably will need a large truck to transport it, hehe. But I must say it's worth every inch of space it takes, really fantastic work! ;)

• Like 1
19 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

Wow this house is so huge!!! I imagine you have a way of moving it, as in if you have to take it to a dollhouse show.... probably will need a large truck to transport it, hehe. But I must say it's worth every inch of space it takes, really fantastic work! ;)

Thank you, its on a rolling base! and the rooms are stacking room boxes. So yes if it were to travel its manageable.