Debora59

In a few weeks I hope to have all the walls floors and windows cut for stacking tower room boxes. Working on the layout of my staircase, The tower will be 40 inches deep, X 20 inches wide, and 30 inches high- to match the existing house. 20 inches is fairly narrow for a 1/6 scale turning staircase. So with large doorways to other rooms on each side, a floating staircase will give the appearance of more space. The photos give a general idea but mine will be tighter. There will be landings at each end for support, as well as a window at each end.

• Like 4

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

There will not be a door under the staircase like this photo, because its the 2nd floor going to the 3rd. only a window above the staircase.

Well lets see if I can pull it off Mike,, this is an inspiration photo, it shows basically what I want to do, these are photos of 'Winfield Hall', the Frank Winfield Woolworth estate designed by C.P.H. Gilbert c. 1916 in Glen Cove.

3 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

Your houses are so lifelike Debora I very nearly said this is the best yet!.......but I'm sure it won't be long!

You have an eye for greatness, I love this staircase! And that flooring is gorgeous, it would look really good in a dollhouse as well and not very hard to scale down.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Emerald said:

SHE'S GOT THE WOOD FOR THE TOWERS GUYS....ENCOURAGE HER!!!!!  

Thanks Linda but I don't need any encouragement I am already amped!

• Like 1