© brae oktober

Gustav's Mill - kit photo

otterine

One of the reasons I cut new walls to make Watson Mill larger on the inside was to accommodate Gustav's hobby.  Turns out, in addition to avid reading, he's a miniaturist.  :D In researching mini mills, I found this delightful Archistories Windmill "Marienfehn" in Z scale.

The pieces seem to be made from some kind of chipboard material, and they recommend the use of wood glue.  There are 10 pages of illustrated instructions, but it seems fairly straightforward.  There's even a motor for it.  Yep, the sails go roundy roundy.  :D It's a DC 3V motor, so this should work with a battery holder and switch.  I can build a work table to disguise the switch underneath.

For now, I have four of the parts sheets pressed flat since they curled a bit in the kit envelope.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Watson Mill

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 0 comments
  • 369 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

This little gem is going to be amazing.. I always love miniatures inside miniatures... and to have a working mill inside a working mill. Fantastic! :D