© brae oktober

The Persian - 18.25 hours

otterine

I'm up to 18.25 hours of French knotting.  :D There have been some instances of removing knots since colors didn't work so well together, but I think I have it all figured out now.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 2

From the album:

Misc minis

· 409 images
  • 409 images
  • 0 comments
  • 1,187 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

What a gorgeous beginning! The knots give the impression of a lovely, lush Persian, and the deep, jewel-like colors add to the effect.

Brae, are you using embroidery floss? One thread? How many times do you wrap it around the needle to make the knot? 

Oh my goodness!... Looking at that penny makes me realise just how tiny the details on this rug are... don't send yourself cross-eyed doing that!.. :eek:

But, if your eyes survive, it's going to be so stunning. :D

Thank you! :D  It's funny since I am using 4x magnifiers, which are total Magoo glasses to me otherwise...I could never walk around with them on without breaking a toe...I keep thinking my knots are HUGE, then I put on my regular readers and the rug looks crisp and plush.

Wow Brae - i'm loving the colours! : - ) Such precision work. The time it's taking you will pay off when you have a beautiful hand made rug! Keep at it!