Bay window floors

WyckedWood

I have the cherry wood flooring done in the bays. Floor and ceiling. 

• Like 2

From the album:

Marquam Hill Mansion WyckedWood

· 25 images
  • 25 images
  • 0 comments
  • 71 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 250

Recommended Comments

Thank you, it's my first time using the cherry, I'm really liking it after I stained and aged it. Feel like I'm going at a snails pace, just trying to get to know the house and trapped in that constant riddle of what to do first. 

eeee. I'm so loving this!  The floors look amazing!  Thank you for posting your progress! I can't wait until my kit comes!

2 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

eeee. I'm so loving this!  The floors look amazing!  Thank you for posting your progress! I can't wait until my kit comes!

11 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

Thanks, what kit are you building? 

I just received today the Marquam Hill - sadly there are many cracked pieces and the instructions are missing, who knows what else is.  I'm going to search for the instructions here and online

Oh wow, I'm so happy to have a building partner! There are instructions online I just saw them yesterday. Just a google search should bring them up, let me know. Some of my parts were a little bumped around too..I think I was the third owner of the kit, but luckily everything was intact. 

I found  them too while I was waiting for my rental to be given to me!  Thank you ... I'm eagerly watching your progress and hope to start on it soon! 

• Like 1

I inventoried the box and found 5 pieces to be missing and the cracked ones I had already noticed - thankfully only one of them is a milled clapboard piece. and thankfully the instructions have dimensions.  Can't wait to see what your next step is!  Thank goodness those directions are online!

This looks lovely! I love the colour of these floors.

Question: how do you solve that the flooring makes the basefloor thicker and the fact that you see the different layers of material?
Will you glue a strip of wood in front?

Dutchie

Dutchie, not sure if I'm completely understanding the question, but during the dry fit I marked on the bare floor the edges of the parts that have to be glued on after the flooring, like the bay window parts in this case. That way I only glue the wood up to the edge of those (future) assemblies. There will be thick baseboards that cover edges. Seeing different layers of material, I want to see different layers of material, but that's just my taste. I like lots of different textures in the houses. This entire house will be covered in clay eventually. Not sure if that answered your question? 

Maybe you were referring to the different layers of the floor  because some areas just arent completed yet. I had to do the bays first because later that area would be really hard to reach.