EasterBunnyBrowsing.jpg

Griffonfeathers

Spotted this little fella browsing through the books in my books/coffee place this morning. No word on whether he is THE Easter Bunny or just AN Easter Bunny, but either way, he does seem to like books. :)

Doesn't everybunny?

• Like 2

From the album:

Griffonfeather's Random Things

· 2 images
  • 2 images
  • 0 comments
  • 15 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

So cute! And he is going to read The Velveteen Rabbit.

Thanks! And good eye! He IS going to read The Velveteen Rabbit. :) It's a very popular book in my book shop, toys seem to like it a lot; especially the bunnies. :)

Or maybe. he is looking into expanding his origins and reading Alice in Wonderland wondering how rabbit became so famous by a small girl falling down a rabbit hole!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 1martinimomma said:

Or maybe. he is looking into expanding his origins and reading Alice in Wonderland wondering how rabbit became so famous by a small girl falling down a rabbit hole!

That could be too! I have another book called "Walter and the Rabbits" about a small child pestering a family of rabbits as well. So who knows? He could be studying up on human/rabbit friendships before his big Easter deliveries! :)

29 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Or maybe, the story of Peter Cottontail!  Just in time for tomorrow!

That would be a fine choice for a bunny book too! Though... you know, now that you mention it, I don't have the Peter Cottontail book in my little bookshop! But, the bunny DOES have his choice of two versions of Peter Rabbit (the original and the American knock off since Potter's publishers failed to secure copyright in the U.S.).

I tried to put together a pretty good bunny selection for Easter, but that is a GREAT suggestion! I will have to add that too! Thanks, 1martinimomma!! :)

Well, after doing some research it seems the Peter Rabbit and Peter Cottontail are one in the same.  In 1917 a book called The Adventures of Peter Cottontail(1917), In this story, Peter decides his real name, Peter Rabbit, is too common, and changes it to Peter Cottontail. It’s only a temporary change, however, and by the end of the book he’s back to being Peter Rabbit.

Here is a little trivia about Peter Rabbit aka Peter Cottontail.

https://blogs.loc.gov/folklife/2016/03/peter-cottontail/

• Like 1