Wedgewood.jpg

AndreaJane

Little Wedgewood stove.  Not exactly accurate but works for me. I haven't had a chance to work on ANYTHING lately.  Stupid work is cutting into my fun time...

• Like 3

From the album:

First Dollhouse

· 8 images
  • 8 images
  • 0 comments
  • 34 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Did you make that?  It may not be accurate, but it's sure darn close. The little knobs are especially good. It will go great in your house!

6 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Did you make that?  It may not be accurate, but it's sure darn close. The little knobs are especially good. It will go great in your house!

I did.  It's made out of bass wood and layers and layers of paint.  The knobs I made out of Fimo clay.  I just cut out circles and made each one with one circle for the base and a half circle for the part you grasp.  The silver is alcohol ink.  

I have a life size Wedgewood in my kitchen that I just love.  My miniature kitchen needed one too :) 

Wedgewoodlifesize.jpg

1 minute ago, AndreaJane said:

I did.  It's made out of bass wood and layers and layers of paint.

:clap:Spectacular.  I can see why you love your Wedgwood stove, and why your miniature kitchen needed one, too.

Booo! to work getting in the way.. I know how you feel!:rolleyes:

This is great!... I love your stove top solutions and the little Wedgewood badge is darling. Did you mount it on mat board to give it some depth? It looks like more than just a paper stick on and I love that.. makes it look like a real badge......... I've had a similar GE version stove in process for months! I'm stuck on doors!

IMG_2216.JPG

It's in dry fit here and looks all wonky because I have the inside taped off and paper stuffed inside to keep the enamel paint of the black interior (still need to cut the oven handles too!). My issue is I want both oven doors and drawer to open but I can't figure it out because I don't have a separator bar between the Ovens... and I am not redesigning!.. I've had this on the back burner for a ages while I brainstormed and got distracted by other things... but you have inspired me to continue:cheer:.....

I may need to settle for one opening oven. :D I like your fimo knobs too.. might have to try that out. Mine are currently a washer and a pin head (that will be painted, it's not staying yellow.. just what I had on hand.)

How lucky are you to have the real life version.. *swoon* it's gorgeous... I had to settle for a picture from the internet for inspo.. lol

Do your doors work? They look like they might.. inquiring minds want to know.

54 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Did you mount it on mat board to give it some depth?

Do your doors work? They look like they might.. inquiring minds want to know.

I printed the badge on glossy photo paper then cut some mat board a teeny bit bigger.  I covered the mat board with that shiny silver plumbing tape (at least I think that it what it is) and then mounted the photo paper on top.  It does give it some depth.  I used the same silver tape for the griddle.  You will note my real griddle is not that shiny :) 

The doors do not work.  I've decided, for my own sanity, that I'm not going for true realism.  I was reading one of Kris' (of 1InchMinis blog...) tutorials where she said that she wouldn't have her appliances hanging open in real life so why should the mini?  Ha!  I'm paraphrasing but it's my new philosophy.

33 minutes ago, AndreaJane said:

I printed the badge on glossy photo paper then cut some mat board a teeny bit bigger.  I covered the mat board with that shiny silver plumbing tape (at least I think that it what it is) and then mounted the photo paper on top.  It does give it some depth.  I used the same silver tape for the griddle.  You will note my real griddle is not that shiny :) 

The doors do not work.  I've decided, for my own sanity, that I'm not going for true realism.  I was reading one of Kris' (of 1InchMinis blog...) tutorials where she said that she wouldn't have her appliances hanging open in real life so why should the mini?  Ha!  I'm paraphrasing but it's my new philosophy.

I hope you don't mind but I'm stealing your badge process :D  Yes, the griddle! .. I like it too but couldn't think of the word for it in my original post..:doh: My top is going to have the griddle in the middle I think with the burners on either side... I like your technique for it .. I think I'm going to paint mine. I found some cheap aluminium spray paint that I really like the colour and shine of, so I'm going to give that a try, but if it doesn't work out, I'm going to do this. 

I love Kris' site and I like the philosophy and it's true, but I just like little things that open and close. :) .. I doubt I would leave the door hanging open either, but I just want to know I can if I want too... crazy?... probably.. but I've never professed to being sane.. lol