Merrimack Kitchen 6.jpg

Debsrand56

As I mentioned in a previous post, I initially wanted stained wood cabinets, but the wood grain just looked off.  So I ended up painting them yellow (thanks to input from this forum), and I’m very happy with them.  I also did some paint on the walls, and limited the wallpaper to the soffit and areas without cabinets, because otherwise it just seemed too busy.  I hadn’t intended to paint the left-side cabinet; was going to let it be more like a transitional piece of furniture.  However, now that I look at it in the pictures, I think that it needs to go yellow, too.

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Squeeee!! This turned out so great Deborah!:cheer:

I love the details too.. that wall clock! So retro! And the radio on the on the fridge :D. The silver trim on the counter turned out great too!

The appliances have turned out remarkably well especially the dishwasher... not that it's "under counter".

I think you made an inspired choice to limit the wall paper to the sofit.. it look fantastic, but agree if you'd done the entire walls it would have been too much. 

I don't usually like dolls, but in this kitchen I want to see a Marion Cunningham doll cooking that Mac n Cheese.. lol

Thank you!  

32 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I don't usually like dolls, but in this kitchen I want to see a Marion Cunningham doll cooking that Mac n Cheese.. lol

I know.  I'm not big on dolls, either, but I've been amusing myself by photoshopping an image of a 50s housewife into some of my pictures.  For some reason, I want to see this kitchen occupied.  :)

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

The appliances have turned out remarkably well especially the dishwasher... not that it's "under counter".

lol this should have said NOW that it's under counter... pretty insulting bad typing... sorry... :shy:

Just now, Samusa said:

ol this should have said NOW that it's under counter... pretty insulting bad typing... sorry.

No worries.  I actually read "now" when I read it.  I read what you meant to say.  :)

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

Thank you!  

I know.  I'm not big on dolls, either, but I've been amusing myself by photoshopping an image of a 50s housewife into some of my pictures.  For some reason, I want to see this kitchen occupied.  :)

It's because it's so cozy and nostalgic... I want to sit down it there and eat some Mac.

23 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

No worries.  I actually read "now" when I read it.  I read what you meant to say.  :)

Phew!... :D