Merrimack Lunch.jpg

Debsrand56

Here is a close-up of the kitchen table, ready for lunch.  The plates are simply painted pewter; the “glasses” are from this year’s annual swap for the Yahoo Half-Scale group.  The macaroni and cheese casserole was made especially by Jan Petrie at Autumn Leaf Studio.  (Close up, the teeny tiny macaroni is amazing.)  The chairs and table are from Shapeways.  I had originally painted the cushions a different green (Sublime Lime), but it was more of a neon green.  This green is a relatively close match to the green I am using in the living room rug.

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Wow.. go shapeways! This table is great!.. I love the colours you've picked for it too. Very stylish. :)

Your table setting is on point too.. not to much clutter there, just nice clean lines and enough so showcase that great Mac n Cheese. :D

25 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Wow.. go shapeways!

No kidding!  I'd be lost without them.  They have such great modern pieces.

I thought the chairs had real pillows on them, they look really great! I'm very impressed with the cutlery, is it etched metal? Looks so delicate and perfect! I just want to reach in and grab a bite of that macaroni :p 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wormwoodz said:

I'm very impressed with the cutlery, is it etched metal?

I believe it is.  It's a whole set of metal flatware and serving pieces that you can clip off a sheet and bend.  The knives and some of the serving pieces have extra handle bits that you can glue on to make them thicker.  I was going to give you a link to where I got it (in the UK at A Trifle Small), but something must be wrong with their site.  When I click on their headings, I get "no products found."

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I believe it is.  It's a whole set of metal flatware and serving pieces that you can clip off a sheet and bend.  The knives and some of the serving pieces have extra handle bits that you can glue on to make them thicker.  I was going to give you a link to where I got it (in the UK at A Trifle Small), but something must be wrong with their site.  When I click on their headings, I get "no products found."

Ah yes I've seen those sets before but never tried them, now I wish I did as they look much better than pewter, great find! 

• Like 1

This looks so great! I've been eyeing that Shapeways table and chairs. The colors you picked are perfect and I love how your cabinets turned out. You're really tempting me to do a midcentury modern house in half scale. :o

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fov said:

This looks so great! I've been eyeing that Shapeways table and chairs. The colors you picked are perfect and I love how your cabinets turned out. You're really tempting me to do a midcentury modern house in half scale. :o

Thanks, Emily!  Your input on the countertops really helped.  I am so much happier with them now.  And by all means, do try a midcentury.  :-)  It's such a great period.  If you don't want to do the Merrimack, I wonder if you could get a set of the Betsy McCall plans and scale them down.

I do like the Merrimack but I so don't need another dollhouse! Especially considering I have Brookwood, Highland, and an RGT Contemporary Ranch kits in my stash. I wish I could shrink one of those. I don't know if I'll ever get around to building another 1:12 dollhouse.

Now that I'm thinking about it, though, I do have a half scale Colonial that could be decorated in mid-century style...

• Like 1