halfinch-rotbookshelf.jpg

wormwoodz

I wanted a bookshelf for the top floor tower of my Fairfield, but the low height of the ceiling in this area made it a bit complicated. Then while visiting family during holidays I saw this lovelly rotating bookshelf that doubles as a sidetable and I decided I must have one. As a book lover I'm always running out of space to store books (and room on the walls to add more shelves...), these are so space efficient and practical! On top of that it looks really good anywhere :)

I've decided to make one of these in miniature, this is accurate 1:24 size and fully functional. The shelf section rotates 360 degrees to make it easy to pick your read, and the wheels also work so it can be moved around! None of those features are very useful in a miniature house, but it adds to the fun and looks ;) I did not take pictures before assembling, but it's probably easy to figure out how this works: the moving portion is connected to the base with a screw and the wheels are miniature working brass casters (many thanks to the folks here on the forum who helped me find them!).

• Like 2

From the album:

Misc Minis

· 8 images
  • 8 images
  • 0 comments
  • 37 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/33
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 64

Recommended Comments

Very, very impressive!  I love that it rolls and turns.  What a beautiful addition to your Fairfield! (It's hard to give up half scale, isn't it?  :))

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Very nice. I need one in RL!

I need one too! They seam a bit hard to find these days, I'm hoping I will be lucky and stumble upon a used one while furniture hunting ;)

18 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Very, very impressive!  I love that it rolls and turns.  What a beautiful addition to your Fairfield! (It's hard to give up half scale, isn't it?  :))

Oh indeed... I miss it so much! The Beacon Hill is taking most of my time these days, and it always feels like I got barelly anything done... I miss the smaller things, and being able to finish something with only a little amount of materials and glue :)

53 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

Nice little bookcase and I like the addition of the castors.......it's a shame but it looks like Mcqueenie miniatures have stopped doing 1/24th kits. This one is only available on Ebay now.

I had seen the Mcqueenie kits at Minimum World (I got my casters from them), but yea it seams they only make them in 1:12 scale. It's a very simple design thou, not too complicated to make. I also found a really cute design from another crafter with inlaids added to the top. If I did this in 1:12 I would probably try something like that :)