© brae oktober

Peep hole window

otterine

Time to cut the window, door and ceiling openings.  I've added a tiny round window next to the door so Gustav can see who's-a-knockin' at the door.  :D This the 1 1/8" Simplicity Window from Heritage Laser Works.

Full post here.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Watson Mill

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 0 comments
  • 369 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, otterine said:

:D  Thanks!

I had a baptism by fire with the scroll saw.  This deck was my first project using it:
http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=89464

"Um sure, I could knock myself up a leaf deck with a scroll saw.. Have I ever used a scroll saw, you say? Nope, but it can't be that hard.. no worries"... said no-one, ever! :eek:

Really?!?... That is really amazing, especially for a first attempt. I see that you have joins in those curved pieces so you obviously planned this meticulously. I'm amazed that you managed to execute such an intricate pattern first time! 

I assume your sewing skills have come in handy with this devil machine... I just keep breaking blade after blade... I need to go and look up some you tube videos on blade tension.. Or maybe I should just throw my scroll saw in the bin. :rofl:

:rofl:  Yes, well, that's me -- never doing anything halfway.  Sewing machine experience definitely plays a role since the scroll saw has the same movement and general setup.  I also took a jeweler's saw class with a hand saw, but it also helped understanding the scroll saw.

If you're breaking blades, that's either too much pressure as you "force" the wood to cut or incorrect tension on the blade.  It should sound like a soft humming machine not loud or jumpy, if that makes sense.  Just don't give up!