© brae oktober

Enamel tabletop - design chosen

otterine

Deborah (Debsrand56) suggested enamel tabletops, so I scouted around the net looking at examples.  It seemed a grand idea, so I printed some designs I thought would work best on regular paper for testing the look.  I have some ideas in mind for transferring the design onto the table.  Granted, it is hard to tell with yellowish wood chairs, but you get the idea. The chairs and lower part of the table will be painted to coordinate best.  I will also be toning down the red of the oak floors.

This open design in navy blue appealed to me the best in the end.  It will frame whatever is featured on the table and has the look I imagined after my online research.

Next up, trying some tests to transfer the design.  I'll also paint the chairs and stain the flooring, which might sway the final choice.

To see the other contenders, see the full post here.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 2

From the album:

Watson Mill

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 0 comments
  • 369 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I admire your methodical planning Brae. It certainly makes for a precision end product. 

I read your blog post and I agree you have picked the best pattern for your application.. I like the idea of the grey chairs also. I think it will coordinate well with the table top.

Great idea @Debsrand56:)

It is a very detailed pattern and I like it the best as well.

Will your Cri-cut make a delicate enough stencil? Or are you thinking about using the printable rub-off sheets?