© brae oktober

Brick foundation

otterine

I had egg carton bricks on hand, so I didn't bother to reinvent the wheel.  Most of the time, I will measure my board and determine how many bricks across I need and adjust the measurements accordingly.  It's a small foundation, so I didn't think it would matter much once landscaping is in.  Since my bricks didn't end well at the corners, I opted for corner stones cut to fit.

I chose brown based bricks instead of my usual brick red and used four paint colors to create variation.  You can see the subtle color differences under the aging washes.  There will be more aging during the landscaping process, but I love how it looks so far.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 4

From the album:

Watson Mill

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 0 comments
  • 369 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Lovely as always. I like the brown tones for a change.. I think it makes it look positively ancient... which is a good thing. :D

Thank you!  :D  This is a plywood strip foundation, and I used Aleene's Quick Dry.  For builder's foam, I use Weldbond glue.

I love the color variation in these bricks.  No one would ever know they are egg carton.  They honestly look like real aged bricks.  You always amaze me with your meticulous work.