© Dana Freeman

Staircase with walls

DanaFree

Now I have to decide where the railings go. (Creating a stairway like this was probably a mistake on my part -- there are too many angles to figure out!)

Copyright

© Dana Freeman
  • Like 2

From the album:

Victoria's Farmhouse

· 18 images
  • 18 images
  • 0 comments
  • 40 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 64

Recommended Comments

How did you make the design on the risers? I think the stairs look great (you must have done well in Math class!).

Thanks! The flooring is cherry edgebanding I got from a guitar maker going out of business. It was challenging to break out of the straight plank design I did for the dining room, but it was fun, too. (And no, I've never done well in math. I have to manipulate things in my hands to "see" what works; I can't work it out on paper. So lots of trial and error.) The detail on the front of the steps is quilling strips I got at Joanne's. They were in the clearance bin and I thought maybe they'd work to add interest to plain quarter round as moldings. (Buying trim can be a pricey part of this hobby!)

Great stairs, great wallpaper.. and I love how you think out of the box for solutions... who would have thought guitar trim? :D

11 hours ago, DanaFree said:

Thanks! The flooring is cherry edgebanding I got from a guitar maker going out of business. It was challenging to break out of the straight plank design I did for the dining room, but it was fun, too. (And no, I've never done well in math. I have to manipulate things in my hands to "see" what works; I can't work it out on paper. So lots of trial and error.) The detail on the front of the steps is quilling strips I got at Joanne's. They were in the clearance bin and I thought maybe they'd work to add interest to plain quarter round as moldings. (Buying trim can be a pricey part of this hobby!)

I love how creative people are when they use things for something in miniatures (like quilling strips, which is the first time I have heard of these & now need to check them out). :clap: 

• Like 1