• 244 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 4S
  • Focal Length 4.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/404
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Nice!  I wish I could get a closer view of the seat and back.  How were they done?  I can't believe it is next to a penny!  So tiny!

Very nice Jenn! The mural is very pretty too. They are so tiny, I can't believe it! My eyes probably would cross if I worked in such a small scale:eek:

I don't wear glasses, but I bought a pair of reading glasses for doing close-up work in this scale. It helps, lol.

So - this little kit looks like this in the raw: https://www.petitepropertiesltd.com/1/48th-shabby-chic-canape-settee-kit.html

I used india ink to do the "stain" and then I painted the "cushions" (which are cardstock) with off white and glued the printed motif onto that and then painted it with a matte sealant (mod podge-like). The back of this settee is just a matching off-white back - it came with a cut-out that goes over the back to hide the tab that shows through. I would have liked to do a floral thing on the back - and still might. Thanks for the idea! PetiteProperties is very thorough with their concepts - and I didn't have to cut anything...it was all cut for me - not cutting from templates. Very nice. I have seen some talented people upholster the "cushions" - but I just put the design right onto it. I don't do tiny fabric well yet.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Very nice Jenn! The mural is very pretty too. They are so tiny, I can't believe it! My eyes probably would cross if I worked in such a small scale:eek:

The mural was part of my Tiny Townhouse kit by Sue Herber. She includes really nice wallpaper patterns in her kits. I appreciate not having to think about that stuff - so I love it when kitmakers include it.

On 7/17/2017, 9:37:31, Debsrand56 said:

Nice!  I wish I could get a closer view of the seat and back.  How were they done?  I can't believe it is next to a penny!  So tiny!

You got me thinking about how boring the plain back of the this settee was, so I added another "tapestry" motif to the back. It totally makes it a more interesting/special tiny piece now. Thanks for the push!

• Like 1