Full Porch.jpg

Debsrand56

My mother lives in Arizona and recently moved to an apartment in a continuing care community.  (She is still independent, but will be able to move to assisted care when and if it is needed.)  There is a place outside each apartment designed to be decorated by the resident.  I had a kit for a hanging half scale porch sitting in my stash, waiting for inspiration.  I thought she might like a virtual porch to hang there.  I tried to include many of her favorite things—geckos, hummingbirds, ice cream, cacti, and a good mystery book.  After looking at the pictures, I have decided to add a little red watering can on the right side by the chair (which is from Shapeways).

• Like 4

From the album:

Mom's Front Porch (Half Scale)

· 7 images
  • 7 images
  • 0 comments
  • 28 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

So very cute.  I am so glad you posted this as I was thinking of doing the same thing for my mom who is also in an apartment for continuing care.  I love that swing, so adorable with the cactus cut outs and the metal lawn chair will bring back memories for your mom and those that stop by to admire you handiwork.  The blue on the shudders and the door is so very cheery.  The tile roof is really nice touch, too.  Did it come with the kit?

You mom will love it, and I am sure she will brag about how talented and sweet her daughter is to have made this for her.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

The tile roof is really nice touch, too.  Did it come with the kit?

You mom will love it, and I am sure she will brag about how talented and sweet her daughter is to have made this for her.

Aw, thank you!  The tile roof did not come with the kit.  It was just basic wood.  Most people I think went for a more cottage-y look for their builds, with siding and shingles, but I wanted a Spanish tile roof for a more southwestern feel.  

Such a lovelly porch, I love the theme and all the little personal details, so wonderful! This reminds me I had been telling myself I would do something dollhouse related for my mum, I thought maybe I would do something in 1:12 scale because she likes to collect porcelain so it could work as a display for a tiny collection. But half scale looks so cute and easy to carry and store, now I feel inclined to try a smaller kit :)

• Like 1