Debora59

I am trying different things with the bathroom doors, I did some carving on them with the dremel. I cant make up my mind if the are for the bathroom entrance should they open in or out, now am thinking pocket doors at the hall way entrance, then it becomes a bedroom with an ensuite

• Like 3

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

59 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

Holy smokes, you are so talented! Carving with a dremel...they are lovely! Whatever way you can display the carving is the way to go.

18 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Shut the front door!  These are astounding!

Thank you both so much! I am sure having fun with this scratch build.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! Those are gorgeous! I zoomed in on the pic and thought to myself, "I wonder where she got those doors?!" I'm in awe that you made them. Wow! Excellent work.

• Like 1

Wow! They look beautiful, just perfect to compliment the doorframes, great job!

Doors traditionally open inside, the reasoning is to avoid accidentaly hiting people with the door when passing through the corridors when someone is exiting a closed room, or someone knocking at the door... and such. Sometimes they are reversed, if the configuration of the room interior would make it impractical to open inside. But to be honest I don't always follow that rule when it comes to dollhouses, I just try to make them open in the direction that will make it easier to operate from outside :p

• Like 1

You must use these doors, they are a masterpiece! Like wormwoodz said I would say they should open inwards. Such a grand entrance to a room! :)

25 minutes ago, wormwoodz said:

Wow! They look beautiful, just perfect to compliment the doorframes, great job!

Doors traditionally open inside, the reasoning is to avoid accidentaly hiting people with the door when passing through the corridors when someone is exiting a closed room, or someone knocking at the door... and such. Sometimes they are reversed, if the configuration of the room interior would make it impractical to open inside. But to be honest I don't always follow that rule when it comes to dollhouses, I just try to make them open in the direction that will make it easier to operate from outside :p

That is a very good point!