BeaconHill-kitchen-1.jpg

wormwoodz

Furniture test, not a lot of space in this tiny kitchen. The hutch and table were barewood pieces I painted to match the kitchen, tried to distress them a bit too but I think they need more work. Idealy the sink should go under a window but then the furniture will look too crammed... luckily it fits on that narrow wall too. I bought a reutter pot rack so I could have a decent assortment of pots and pans, everything else is from my porcelain collection. I guess I'll use some of the stuff I already had to decorate the house, I'm missing a lot of basic accessories I'll have to get later but I'll have plenty of time till I can actually keep the furniture in the house xD

• Like 7

From the album:

~ Beacon Hill ~

· 16 images
  • 16 images
  • 0 comments
  • 175 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/33
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Your floor is amazing! Those Victorian tile floors are really common in period houses over here. It's beautiful!

I think this is my favorite Beacon Hill kitchen!!!!!! You managed to make it look perfect in that small space! I love the floor and green cabinets. Dark green is so perfect here - and so unexpected. WOW. Nice work.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

The furniture is perfect!  The hutch and table fit beautifully.  Love the little pot rack (and string of garlic?)!

Hehe it's a string of garlic yes, it came with the rack. I have a porcelain stove hood as well but I'll save it for another house, the extra storage space is really needed here

7 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I think this is my favorite Beacon Hill kitchen!!!!!! You managed to make it look perfect in that small space! I love the floor and green cabinets. Dark green is so perfect here - and so unexpected. WOW. Nice work.

Awww thank you!! It's not easy to furnish this kitchen, I had to move the door opening so I could fit the stove. I wanted to try bold victorian colors, loving this green, I'm glad I went for a darker shade it really brings out the yellow :) 

Moving the door opening was really smart - your sink and stove look perfect. That is exactly what the original kit should have done - otherwise it gets awkward. This is great!!!

• Like 1

I am not a green person at all, but would be perfectly happy with this kitchen, it is so together, everything compliments each other.  The floor is magnificent, and I love the stove, the table and hutch just fit right in, the green and yellow work together so well.  

• Like 1
On 16/08/2017, 21:14:35, Goldenrodfarm said:

I am not a green person at all, but would be perfectly happy with this kitchen, it is so together, everything compliments each other.  The floor is magnificent, and I love the stove, the table and hutch just fit right in, the green and yellow work together so well.  

Thank you! I'm not very fond of bright yellow either but I'm definitely loving it here, I also would like having a kitchen in this color scheme in real size :)

• Like 1