BeaconHill-parlour-wip2.jpg

wormwoodz

I ran out of trim while cutting the wood pannels, now I'm crossing my fingers hoping I ordered the correct size lol... :doh:

This will delay the work in this room for a while, in the meantime I got started on the floors. I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the interior of the bay windows, they bottom will have a continuation of the pannels but I'm not very fond of the kit's pediments. Luckily the external ones are separate pieces for these. All the glass frames will be stained dark mahogany (as in the kitchen), I'm not sure if I should use the same stain on the interior frames or use a lighter color. The wall pannels will be stained a medium Teak or Cherry, I'm trying to follow a combo of light floors + darker walls I've seen in houses from this period that I got really fond of :)

• Like 3

From the album:

~ Beacon Hill ~

· 16 images
  • 16 images
  • 0 comments
  • 175 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/33
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 80

Recommended Comments

Another lovely room!  Is the floor from the same company that did your kitchen floor?  I am anxious to see it with the stained wall panels.

9 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Another lovely room!  Is the floor from the same company that did your kitchen floor?  I am anxious to see it with the stained wall panels.

Thank you, yes the veneers are from them as well, their cherry veneer is usually a bit darker but the last batch was this color, which I really love as it's just the right contrast I wanted with the teak :)