59973bf2a0f1a-MerrimackLivingRoom.jpg

Debsrand56

Here is a shot of the living room, with some records by the hi-fi.  A huge thank you to Emily (fov) for her tutorial on making records and record albums. Unfortunately, I think the lamp needs to go.  Fortunately, the wall covering and door are not yet fastened in place (as you can probably tell), so it’s easy to get to the electrical to change it out.  I am thinking of going with a floor lamp, to free up table space.  I have some extra wired bulbs and should be able to gin up something that would work.  I would love to do the lamp that Ashley (Wormwoodz) suggested, but the wire needs to go through one of the legs, and I don’t think I have conduit large enough to accommodate the wire but small enough not to look out of proportion in half scale.  I also want another chair to go between the stereo and the sofa.  Not sure if I will make the same chair, or a different kind of chair.

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, fov said:

Have you looked at these floor lamps?

I love both of those lamps, and they would be so perfect.  I wish there was a way to electrify them.  I may have one working lamp and one fake lamp, just because I like the look. :) And I agree, the swoop neck one is the best.

I have that one (actually I have both of them!), and the swoop necked one is top heavy. You might need to put tacky wax on the base to hold it down.

For electrifying, maybe you could poke a hole through the plastic near where the base meets the stem, and then insert one of those tiny bulbs that's attached to a wire through the hole? The wire could twist around the stem, or maybe you could slit a piece of flexible tubing and slip it over both the stem and the wire, to hide the wire.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2017, 7:28:13, fov said:

For electrifying, maybe you could poke a hole through the plastic near where the base meets the stem, and then insert one of those tiny bulbs that's attached to a wire through the hole? The wire could twist around the stem, or maybe you could slit a piece of flexible tubing and slip it over both the stem and the wire, to hide the wire.

I am so intrigued by this.  I have been pondering it.  I wonder if that sleeve tubing that electricians use would work?  (I don't think I'd heat it, though.)  Is there sufficient room for a bulb in the little shade area?