GreenBeans.jpg

Debsrand56

I decided my little homeowners needed more than mac and cheese for lunch, no matter how yummy that is.  So I added canned green beans!  I made the beans myself and just put them in a pot with some resin water.  I also made the can from some aluminum stove burner liners I got from the Dollar Store.  The can opener is from a set of etched metal kitchen utensils I bought.  You have to glue extra handle pieces on for depth.  They are fussy and fiddly and totally worth it!

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Looks great.  I bought that same etched metal kitchen utensils back in March of 2014.  It is still intact in the packaging.  So intimidated to even think of trying to put together.  What glue did you use and how did you apply such a neat, small amount?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thriftymini said:

What glue did you use and how did you apply such a neat, small amount?

I used Loctite liquid super glue, applied with the very tip of a round toothpick.  Despite what they say, it doesn't bond instantly.  I find I have a short amount of time to play with it.  I usually squirt out a small amount in the top of a water bottle cap (I save them, as they are very useful for mixing small amounts of paint and holding small amounts of glue), then dip in my toothpick, spread the glue and attach the handle piece.  I let it sit for about 30 seconds, and it's good to go.

I think I will buy the Loctite Liquid Super Glue next time I am out and about.  Someday, I will have to give it a try, preferably, when I have not had a lot of coffee.  Again, yours looks great.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1