© brae oktober

Door installed

otterine

I spray painted four doorknobs and two keyholes in antique bronze since the area for door handles was so narrow.  I had to put the knobs a little off center from one another due to the draft strip down the middle.  I love the way it turned out, though.  :D

Right now, I have the outer trim held on with putty since I'll need to use the curve to mark the shingles as I round the top.  I tried to fix the bad sanding job on the curved portion, but I'm still not happy with it.  So, Gustav will get a climbing vine later on.

The threshold for the door was painted Neutral Grey after a good sanding to droop the middle as though it has been worn over the years.  I'll add some subtle aging once I do the landscaping.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Watson Mill

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 0 comments
  • 369 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

It turned out wonderfully. :) Looks just like your inspiration pic. I can't see your sanding issues, but as @KathieB would say... Smoke and Mirrors, Smoke and Mirrors. :D

4 hours ago, Samusa said:

It turned out wonderfully. :) Looks just like your inspiration pic. I can't see your sanding issues, but as @KathieB would say... Smoke and Mirrors, Smoke and Mirrors. :D

I've seen some of Brae's work up close and personal. Even minor blips are not tolerated. I was surprised to learn about the proposed ivy vine. 

Thank you!  :D  It got to the point with the trim that there was only so much reworking I could do, so I called it a day.