MerrimackSiding.jpg

Debsrand56

Now that I’ve finished the kitchen doors and moved the wiring connecter from the side of the house down to the foundation (which didn’t exist at the time I was doing my wiring), I had no more excuses not to start the siding.  It was so hot over the weekend, I really couldn’t work (OK, so one more excuse), but by Monday the heat had mostly broken, so I started applying the siding.  These are the wood strips that come with the Merrimack finishing kit.  Before I started applying them, I gave them a coat of Minwax Wood Finish penetrating stain in Natural.  I think the instructions are for them to go on vertically, but on Earth & Tree’s web site, they showed a house where some of the walls were done at an angle, and I really loved the look.  There will be a deck (or steps down to a patio) off the kitchen doors, so I didn’t worry too much about the wood strips I used under them.  The right and left-side walls, and the wall down the back of the bathroom/foyer, will get vertical strips.  The other three walls are getting angles. The top trim is not glued down yet.  I simply set it in place to show how it will look.

• Like 1

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Love this! It looks so great Deborah.. You've chosen each piece carefully by the looks of it because the variation in the colour of the wood is spot on. :D 

When I bought my house 20 years ago.. the bathroom had wood paneling exactly like this on every wall and the ceilling.. it was like being in a giant sauna...  lol

I mean it was hideous..:giggle:  but I kinda liked it.  :bigwink:

Your deck is going to look wonderful butted up against this finish... I think you should install a hot tub to complete the kitchy fabulousness. :D