Cardboard Mockup pt 2

MiniaturesInsight

Sorry for the tape in the way, but the cardboard is too wobbly to go without the support. But this is the back view, obviously without room dividers/staircases/elevator/etc. in there yet.

• Like 1

From the album:

Newberg Dollhouse Kit Bashing

· 110 images
  • 110 images
  • 0 comments
  • 74 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SAMSUNG-SM-N920A
  • Focal Length 4.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/10
  • f Aperture f/1.9
  • ISO Speed 500

Recommended Comments

Wow!  That's going to be quite a house.  I love the cardboard mock-up idea.  I need to connect two houses with a narrow hall in the future, and I have been trying to figure out how to plan/test it to make sure my ideas would work.  Now I know from you how to do it.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Khadi said:

Wow!  That's going to be quite a house.  I love the cardboard mock-up idea.  I need to connect two houses with a narrow hall in the future, and I have been trying to figure out how to plan/test it to make sure my ideas would work.  Now I know from you how to do it.  Thanks!

Hi Khadi,

You are most welcome! I will be posting more images of the cardboard mockup as I flesh out the details. I used corrugated cardboard - the kind you get from most shipping boxes from Amazon and the like - for my main pieces as it is roughly the same thickness as my 1/8th inch walls (minus the siding and such already on them).

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Emerald said:

so you are doing this by computer

Hi Emerald,

If you mean that I designed the additions to the original dollhouse kit in a computer program, then yes I did. :) Now I'm in the next phase of building a physical mockup out of cardboard so that I can be sure that my ideas will work when translated into the real world. Eventually, sometime shortly after Christmas, I will be able to start working on building these parts out of wood.

On 9/7/2017, 9:09:45, MiniaturesInsight said:

Hi Khadi,

You are most welcome! I will be posting more images of the cardboard mockup as I flesh out the details. I used corrugated cardboard - the kind you get from most shipping boxes from Amazon and the like - for my main pieces as it is roughly the same thickness as my 1/8th inch walls (minus the siding and such already on them).

Thanks.  I'm an Amazon junkie so I can get a lot of cardboard.  LOL

WOW...CAD makes sense.  I measure and wish myself luck to build.  So are you going to take your cardboard mock up and do it all in WOOD?

40 minutes ago, Emerald said:

WOW...CAD makes sense.  I measure and wish myself luck to build.  So are you going to take your cardboard mock up and do it all in WOOD?

Yes I am! I'll probably start on that sometime in late December/early January when I get my combo birthday/Christmas gift of all the supplies I will need from my SO. That part will be a little more about luck as well - since my original parts from the kit were warped, the entire front half is built a little wonky - plus I made a few newbie mistakes along the way that I had to work around. So although my measurements in my program are pretty close to what they will be in real life, I'll be making adjustments as needed along the way. Luckily old Victorian houses have a lot of trim and decoration on them, so I can cover up all of my goofs!