Living room lighting

SewMini

Got the secondfloor in and the living room lights installed.I really love the spotlights. The room is considerably darker now with the ceiling in but I think it looks good. 

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6 Plus
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/15
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 32

Recommended Comments

This is looking great! I so love your floor.. With the furnishings in it looks fabulous and that dining area light!.. Spectacular!

What treatment have you given the ceiling? And are you going to make the stairs dark wood or leave them light?

So happy to see more on this build.  Your lighting looks great, and everything goes together so well.  While I was at a conference a couple of weeks ago, I was watching Love Is a Many Splendored Thing.  (It was on TCM, and there wasn't much else on.)  The female lead at one point was in a room with a door very, very like this one, and all I could think was, "That's Miranda's door!"  Excellent job.  :)

Thanks ladies! I'm so glad to finally have time to put back into it! Concert season seems to finally be slowing down (my husband and I love live concerts) and with no sewing going on I've finally got a bit of a break. Even better, I have a 3 day weekend this weekend and DH and DD will be gone so I hope to get lots done. I think I've got the first floor to a place where I can move on to the second floor. I've already got big ideas brewing!

@Samusa I forgot to answer your question!

I plan on staining the stairs dark. I'm waiting for some dremel wood drill bits to come in so I can do a design on the side. The ceiling was painted a dark brown but the floor upstairs will be actually stained dark brown since you'll be able to really see the wood grain. Since you can't really see the ceiling, I decided to go the easy route :D