• Like 1

From the album:

Smaller Scales ( 1:48)

· 113 images
  • 113 images
  • 1 comment
  • 244 image comments

Recommended Comments

Those are actually just printed paper - I was too lazy to do the waterslide decals (which work fantastically in smaller scales). But I was playing with olive green, and decided to just stick the paper printouts on it. 

Big photos of tiny scales really shows off how thick the paper looks! Yipes!

I think this desk looks wonderful.  Big improvement over the original.  I'm amazed at how much detail can be packed into 1:48.  I was drooling over some of the items at Good Sam.

57 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I think this desk looks wonderful.  Big improvement over the original.  I'm amazed at how much detail can be packed into 1:48.  I was drooling over some of the items at Good Sam.

I think Lasercutters and 3D printing have helped - but also just using ink printers and enhancing existing kits works well. The little brown plastic furniture sets from the 70s (or 80s?) are very well done and have held up well. They can be enhanced easily and affordably.

I am a total 1:48 convert. I saw some great 1:48 houses and displays at the Portland show - one even won the blue ribbon - competing against all the other sizes. It was so well done. It was a 3 story house decorated in a folksy style. Packed with details. So well done. I have photos somewhere...I'll have to post them.

• Like 1