lev-vackert-resized.png

This project began after being inspired by an Instagram photo...

See blog for the full story. Too many large photos to post here on the forum.

• Like 1

From the album:

Inspiration Projects

· 1 image
  • 1 image
  • 0 comments
  • 15 image comments

Recommended Comments

Gahh..:drool: *swoon* I thought I was looking at the original picture! Amazing interpretation! You are a mini making machine! :D 

Blog post please! I must know all the itty bitty details. :D 

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

Gahh..:drool: *swoon* I thought I was looking at the original picture! Amazing interpretation! You are a mini making machine! :D 

Blog post please! I must know all the itty bitty details. :D 

Thanks Sam! Fun, cheap and easy like a good time should be!

I gave the goods on the blog, but as always am happy to remake for you with step by step photos if you like! :D

18 minutes ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Thanks Sam! Fun, cheap and easy like a good time should be!

I gave the goods on the blog, but as always am happy to remake for you with step by step photos if you like! :D

Ahh.. Finally got the blog post.. I've been refreshing your home page like crazy.. lol.. Off to read. :D 

I love it.  It is so detailed and looks like RL.   My next house will be a shabby chic so I plan on copying this idea.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Please tell me what kind of paint you use for a white wash, brown wash and clear wax coat?  Also, I like your version better than the inspiration photo.  Makes me smile.

2 hours ago, pgwyn said:

I love it.  It is so detailed and looks like RL.   My next house will be a shabby chic so I plan on copying this idea.  Thanks for posting.

Thanks Patti! I love me some shabby, too! Sounds like a great project! You will share it won't you?

2 hours ago, pgwyn said:

Please tell me what kind of paint you use for a white wash, brown wash and clear wax coat?  Also, I like your version better than the inspiration photo.  Makes me smile.

I've experimented with all kinds. For this project the white and brown washes were simple watered down acrylic paint. I usually start by adding about a tablespoon of water into a small condiment cup. I add paint a little at a a time and apply on test pieces until I get close to the dried effect I'm after. At that point I sand and add more paint if needed, then repeat until it seems right. For the wax, I use FolkArt waxes made for their chalk paints. I have white, clear and antiquing which is dark brown. I also combine them in condiment cups to get a nice color. It's a great alternative to stain, because you can gradually add more color. If you really mess up you can sand it off, too! It stays nice and matte with a simple cotton cloth rub down, but you can also go really shiny by adding more layers, letting it dry, then buffing the heck out of it.

91gE%2B8nK3pL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.  I am learning so much on this forum.  Everyone is so nice and patient and happy to pass along their knowledge.  

24 minutes ago, pgwyn said:

Thanks for the info.  I am learning so much on this forum.  Everyone is so nice and patient and happy to pass along their knowledge.  

You are so welcome! I am also the beneficiary of so many talented and experienced forum members! It is truly a blessing that we have each other!

31 minutes ago, NellBell said:

This is amazing you're so talented.

Thanks, Nell - that is so nice of you to say. Some of my ideas work out better than others, so I'd say it's more luck and a willingness to keep learning and trying than a talent!