Mrs. C

WyckedWood

Were doing pretty good...I decided to go with a Gibson girl type sleeve, not sure if that was the best choice but I didn't like the sleeve in the pattern I bought, or anything else in the pattern. Ive had to make everything by trial and error, cut to fit. One thing that didn't occur to me when choosing this doll is that she's sculpted to have certain features that would be common in an elderly woman but those features make it very difficult to dress her using regular patterns. We still have some details to add and I'm hoping I can get a beauty shop appointment for Mrs. C on a Sunday?! :) 

• Like 4

From the album:

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

· 311 images
  • 311 images
  • 0 comments
  • 812 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I love how she is coming out, the clothing fit is perfect, something that is hard to do on sometimes on dolls. Can’t wait for the beauty shop appointment!

• Like 1

Her wardrobe is turning out nicely, your hard work is paying off, she has perfect holiday colors and the cake is just the right touch.

Thanks for the nice comments, this doll has broad shoulders I was afraid I was making her look like a line backer with those exaggerated sleeves. The lace helps soften the look, I hope. 

1 hour ago, pgwyn said:

The clothes are so well done.  Do you sew them or glue them?  I love the dainty apron with lace.

I do both. The glue gets everywhere tho, and is really hard to get off the fabric. I use a small glue syringe and try to be careful, wipe my hands with baby wipes to try to keep from accidently getting it on the clothes. Honestly that's the hardest part for me right now is keeping the glue from ruining the clothes. I've remade the skirt several times because of glue drops. So anyway...I've found that the iron on hem tape works best where ever I can use it. I trim it down to 1/8 inch widths and use it for the hems. Learning a lot on this doll, for next time. 

The only thing sewn on the sewing machine though is the seam up the back skirt and the longer seams on bloomers and underskirts. The rest is hand sewn. 

IMG_5485.JPG

I love the sleeves and her whole style! She looks very Mrs. Clause to me! Any of us who have not made such tiny clothes have no idea how talented you must be to get a doll to look this good! She's wonderful Karin!

• Like 2