Face painting practice

WyckedWood

This blank is from a Theresa Glisson mold. I have two of her doll blanks, they're scaled on the larger side of 1/12 so couldn't be used with other dolls but they can be used together obviously. I was just messing around organizing my doll kits last night to see what exactly I have and decided to try painting her. The blank looks like an alien, but she's not a bad looking doll once I got her painted. Still a work in progress but this was how I spent my Saturday night :) love it, it's so fun. 

This is my first chance doing a younger more glamorous doll since the first two dolls I did were elderly grandma kits. 

I took this close up picture through the tiny high powered magnifying lens that's on the regular magnifying lens on my Ott light. I couldn't do this (doll painting)  without my table top Ott light. 

• Like 2

From the album:

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

· 311 images
  • 311 images
  • 0 comments
  • 812 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

Eyes look really great, takes a steady hand for that

And some luck :) If something good happens I stop lol, learned that from oil painting 

Thanks Anna, still making adjustments, it looks great when you just look at her in person but on the super magnifying pictures I see where it can b improved...trying to come to a conclusion about how much that matters, no ones going to look at them with a magnifying glass, but I do want it to be realistic. Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)