Slippers

WyckedWood

Today I got the oldest little girls (Cynthia Howes Katie mold) bloomers sewn and made some cute little fuzzy slippers from bunka. At least her toes are warm now :) 

• Like 6

From the album:

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

· 311 images
  • 311 images
  • 0 comments
  • 812 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

The slippers have leather bottoms from some old leather gloves of mine. These were really fun to make, proud of them cause I didn't have a pattern or instructions just kind of winged it. First I made a foundation of silk ribbon then the bunka was glued over top of that. 

IMG_6295.JPG

• Like 1

The slippers are adorable!

8 minutes ago, NellBell said:

OK I'm positive this forum is dangerous Because now I wan to make my own doll . Great job love the leather pantaloons,

I know!!

Thank you, they are so precious and tiny :) I'm new to using bunka, I love that stuff, you can use it for so many things! 

Nell, I hope you do. So fun. 

• Like 1

It's a magic cord (lol) you pull a string of it and it unravels into this wavy thin thread stuff. Kinda hard to explain. They also call it chainette. This shows unraveling it to add to Mrs Claus skirt. Comes in all colors like embroidery floss or thread. 

IMG_6902.JPG

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Beulah said:

I love them.  What is bunka may I ask.  :sad?:

24 minutes ago, Beulah said:

I love them.  What is bunka may I ask.  :sad?:

It's used most often with mini hat making, good for covering seams etc., also used in mini rug making, it's just unraveled and glued over a design for rugs. 

Squee! Those slippers are sooo cute! What a great idea to use the bunka for rugs.. for those of us that are cross stitch/punch needle challenged. :D

Those little slippers are adorable!  When I first saw the photo, I thought you'd crocheted them.  What a brilliant idea to use bunka for little fuzzy slippers!  And the little rosette is perfection.

I know you made the little rosette........How ?? Is that what they use for baby head bands??

Going to be driving to Maine for Christmas, so I’ll be going thur the magazines for any info......for you. Don’t think I’ll have time to go get some pictures but I will one of these times.....