Slippers

279 images in Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

Slippers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today I got the oldest little girls (Cynthia Howes Katie mold) bloomers sewn and made some cute little fuzzy slippers from bunka. At least her toes are warm now :) 

6 people like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
From the album

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

• 279 images
  • 745 comments

Photo Information

User Feedback

17 Comments

The slippers have leather bottoms from some old leather gloves of mine. These were really fun to make, proud of them cause I didn't have a pattern or instructions just kind of winged it. First I made a foundation of silk ribbon then the bunka was glued over top of that. 

IMG_6295.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this comment

OK I'm positive this forum is dangerous Because now I wan to make my own doll . Great job love the leather pantaloons,

Share this comment

The slippers are adorable!

8 minutes ago, NellBell said:

OK I'm positive this forum is dangerous Because now I wan to make my own doll . Great job love the leather pantaloons,

I know!!

Share this comment

Thank you, they are so precious and tiny :) I'm new to using bunka, I love that stuff, you can use it for so many things! 

Nell, I hope you do. So fun. 

1 person likes this

Share this comment

It's a magic cord (lol) you pull a string of it and it unravels into this wavy thin thread stuff. Kinda hard to explain. They also call it chainette. This shows unraveling it to add to Mrs Claus skirt. Comes in all colors like embroidery floss or thread. 

IMG_6902.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this comment

23 minutes ago, Beulah said:

I love them.  What is bunka may I ask.  :sad?:

24 minutes ago, Beulah said:

I love them.  What is bunka may I ask.  :sad?:

Share this comment

It's used most often with mini hat making, good for covering seams etc., also used in mini rug making, it's just unraveled and glued over a design for rugs. 

Share this comment

Squee! Those slippers are sooo cute! What a great idea to use the bunka for rugs.. for those of us that are cross stitch/punch needle challenged. :D

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Thanks, and yeah I agree about the rugs, I need to try that too. Seems like it would be really easy to do. 

Share this comment

Those little slippers are adorable!  When I first saw the photo, I thought you'd crocheted them.  What a brilliant idea to use bunka for little fuzzy slippers!  And the little rosette is perfection.

Share this comment

I know you made the little rosette........How ?? Is that what they use for baby head bands??

Going to be driving to Maine for Christmas, so I’ll be going thur the magazines for any info......for you. Don’t think I’ll have time to go get some pictures but I will one of these times.....

Share this comment