MerrimackChristmasTree.jpg

Debsrand56

Margot and Jim are, of course, getting ready for the holidays. No aluminum Christmas trees in half scale, so I made one from silver pipe cleaners.  I kept it fairly slim, as it will ultimately be placed in an area where there isn’t quite as much room.  I added pastel pearlescent beads as ornaments, and my best attempt at a mid-century tree topper.  The present, which probably seems a bit over-sized, was a thank you gift from Earth & Tree, so I figured I needed to include it in my Christmas set-up.  As mentioned, the tree will eventually move when I add another chair to the living room, but this location makes it easy to photograph.

• Like 5

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

The tree is so apropos for the mid-century vibe. I know we had a similar topper on our tree when I was a kid, (even though I'm more 70's and 80's era) It was Styrofoam with red flocking.

• Like 1

Its so cute brings back memories a relative in the 60s had a silver tree like this and then there was a light that shined on it thru a revolving color wheel Red, Blue Green so the tree would appear to change color, it would mesmerize  me as a kid.

• Like 1

We had this tree when I was growing up! I hated it.. lol.. I would have given anything for a green tree.... but it's so appropriate for the era... Yours of course, is fabulous! :D 

For us these were popular in the 70's but we've always been a good 10-15 years behind the states for trends.. :D 

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

For us these were popular in the 70's

17 hours ago, Debora59 said:

Its so cute brings back memories a relative in the 60s had a silver tree like this and then there was a light that shined on it thru a revolving color wheel Red, Blue Green so the tree would appear to change color, it would mesmerize  me as a kid.

From the early 60's (and into the 70's), my grandparents had a silver tree that they decorated only with lights (eventually only clear lights) and rose pink metallic balls.  (Their whole living room was done in pale pink and dark green.)  It was on a stand that revolved.  If I could figure out how to get mine to revolve, I would.  :)  Debora -- Your neighbor's tree sounds really cool.

• Like 1

I saw this tree and I felt the urge to decorate my mini house for xmas, unfortunatelly the beads only arrived yesterday lol... oh well I will have to plan it earlier for next year xD

• Like 1