Westville Kitchen is done

NellBell

Left side of Kitchen I'm debating the clear on the pantry door . I think I should change it to screen?

what's you thoughts?

• Like 4

From the album:

My Westville House

· 26 images
  • 26 images
  • 0 comments
  • 114 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/40
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 25

Recommended Comments

Try it with a piece of tulle fabric. It wold be a shame to cover up all the neat pantry items, but I think it probably would have a screen to keep the critters out?

I agree, it's a toss up, you don't want to cover up your minis but it does kind of look like there is nothing, is there perspex or plastic in there or is it just left open. Have a look at Kim Saulter's kitchens she does great things with mesh, you might be able to replicate.

My shabby cottage kitchen 1:12

Or you could do a vertical mullion in your door like the one in this picture.. it might give more weight to the illusion of panes while still leaving the view relatively clear.

My miniature Kitchen 1:12

Meanwhile, I love the little vignette you have created on the staircase wall. Love the swan wall art and the table arrangement is darling. :D 

14 hours ago, Samusa said:

I agree, it's a toss up, you don't want to cover up your minis but it does kind of look like there is nothing, is there perspex or plastic in there or is it just left open. Have a look at Kim Saulter's kitchens she does great things with mesh, you might be able to replicate.

Or you could do a vertical mullion in your door like the one in this picture.. it might give more weight to the illusion of panes while still leaving the view relatively clear.

Meanwhile, I love the little vignette you have created on the staircase wall. Love the swan wall art and the table arrangement is darling. :D 

28 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Your pantry looks so real.

Thanks on the real part . It was so much fun and I had to make it twice to fit. Because  behind it is all the wires so the pantry actually pulls out . Thanks for all the ideas on updating the door I defiantly needs more work .